Thursday, July 5, 2007

First Patient

Well, I saw my first patient today in my residency program. We each were given a denture patient that we get to make new dentures for and we are learning a new technique that they teach here at the program. It is definitely alot better than the old fashioned way we did it in dental school, but I won't bore anyone with the details! The first official week ends tomorrow and so far so good. There is a lot of classwork type of stuff that we are doing right now to learn about all the advanced things that this program does, that we did not get to do in dental school, so the patient care time is limited. But once it gets rolling here in a month or so, I'm sure I will be plenty busy and learning so much. It is fun to think how much I am going to learn in this next year, and scary to think about how much I don't know, yet I could be out practicing dentistry without all this new knowledge that I am going to get. Wow!

2 comments:

jeff said...

some of us want to know how to do dentures better, drop me a note and let me know what you have learned so far.

Whitney said...

You know Heath, I know how you feel. Don't worry, it's quite normal to feel that you don't know enough after you've learned a lot on a certain subject. haha I'm just kidding, but I do feel like that about marine bio. I look forward to you working on my teeth :)