Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Welcome to the Jungle....











So all we heard from people before we moved to San Antonio was how hot and nasty it was here. We have now lived here for 2 months and while I wouldn't call it hot, it is rather nasty at times. By nasty I mean it is raining like crazy! I didn't realize we were moving to the jungle! Everyone that is from here says that this is very abnormal, to have so much rain, but I am beginning to think that they are all lying. It has rained for almost two months straight, no kidding!
I looked up the numbers on the internet for precipitation here and it looks like in an average year here in San Antonio they get about 29 inches of rain! Now, I know that I am not used to rain having lived in the dry ole west my whole life, but 29 inches?! Now get a load of this, already this year, from January 1st until yesterday we already had just over 30 inches of rain!!! Oh and by the way, today we added 1.6 inches more to that total for the year! Are you kidding me, who knew? I bought this scooter thinking it was such a great idea to save on gas, and I am getting soaked almost on a daily basis. It got so bad that today I finally went out and bought a rain suit to go over my clothes to give me some protection!
One good thing about all the rain is that everything here is so green! These pictures are looking out the front door of our apartment. It is very pretty here, way different than I had pictured Texas!

2 comments:

KMitchell said...

And I was excited that we got a few minutes of rain yesterday. You need to send some of that rain here. All the green looks beautiful! You could always look into one of those umbrella hats for your scooter drives:) Enjoy the rain while you can!

Anonymous said...

Grew up in San Antonio...until I moved away when I was 25 (11 yrs ago!) Miss it a lot, but my Mom still lives there & I get back there a lot...I'm now in DFW area...enjoy the rain, it is so not normal to get this...I remember a lot of hotter than hell dried up days. There are 2 seasons: 10 months of summer & 2 of mild winter...you do miss the seasons (the only plus about DFW).