Monday, July 9, 2007

FHE

Regardless of what my wife might say, I do not vote for myself...she is just jealous that I have more friends that will vote for me (I'll pay you all later!).

So tonight was Family Home Evening and Chelsea made this cute little story about manners and used some cut out Dinosaurs to go along with the story. She did an excellent job, but unfortunately I don't think the kids (read Caden) got the idea of the having good manners, because all he did during the whole story was cry, scream and whine because he wanted to hold the dinosaurs. Obviously he missed the part in the story about Yelladactal and Whineasaurus! It is fun to have FHE with them, although I must admit, lots of times it is more of a CHORE during the lesson. They do love to sing the songs and play the games though. Their favorite games as of late are Red Light, Green Light and Duck, Duck, Goose (both classic FHE games)! We got some video of us all playing these games and maybe we will get it edited and posted here shortly (I have to edit out the explicatives!!). As I mentioned the kids also love to sing the songs and if I remember right, for the past three weeks straight, and probably more, the songs have consisted of Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree, Give Said the Little Stream, and Book of Mormon Stories. Lets just say that when Brooklyn finds something she likes, she tends to stick with it; not a lot of branching out here.

3 comments:

KMitchell said...

Sounds like a fun lesson- Chelsea should come teach our FHE. Hayley wishes we could have FHE everynight. I think she likes to pretend it is kind of like school-learning a lesson. Every prayer she says she is thankful for Family home evening. Our current household song is, The wiseman built his house upon the rock. I do have to say I voted for Heath because I figured he is more into the computer than Chels, but we will see:)

Heath said...

KT I appreciate your faith in me.

Chelsea said...

I have to give Mindy Rasmussen credit for the great FHE lesson it was all her doing. I just colored and cut things out.