Saturday, July 28, 2007

Brooklyn turns 4!!

Yesterday was Brooklyn's 4th Birthday and boy did she let us know about it this whole week, or actually this whole month! Every time we would go the store and she would want something she would tell us that "maybe we can get it for my birthday?!" Or if she wanted to show us how big she was getting she would let us know that "I can do it by myself now because I am going to be 4." So she was really excited about her birthday this year.
She told Chelsea that she wanted a Hello Kitty Cake so Chelsea, and her amazing cake decorating skills, made Brooklyn her very own Hello Kitty Cake. Chelsea is amazing! She did all of this from scratch. No cutouts, no moulds, nothing but her own imagination and creative skills. I don't know about you all, but I would say this pretty much resembles the Hello Kitty character. I told Chelsea we might get in trouble with Copyright laws because it is so close of a resemblance.

We woke Brooklyn and Caden up yesterday morning to open her presents before I left to work since we figured that she wouldn't last all day without being able to open her presents. She was way excited with what she got (thanks grandparents!). Then for lunch Chelsea took her and Cade to "Ole McDonalds", as Brooklyn calls it, and they got to play in the play area and have their very own Happy Meals.

After I got home from work we had our own little Hello Kitty party, complete with Hello Kitty Cake, hats, and plates.
After that little fiesta we took the kids to Sea World so that Brooklyn could ride her favorite ride, The Shamu Express, all by herself. She won't let Chelsea or me go with her because she told us that the sign says that "we are too big." This stems from us telling her that she couldn't go on some of the other rides because the sign said she was too small!
Last time the kids were at Sea World, the other kids they were with got to play this ball game and they won plush shamu's so of course our kids wanted to play as well. Considering our huge budget that we have since we are making so much money as a dental resident, Chelsea kindly told them that we didn't have any money for the game but that they could do chores and earn money to play the game. So for the last little while the kids have been earning their money and Brooklyn knew that as part of her birthday presents she would be able to play this game when she went to Sea World. My question is, what kind of parents make their child pay for their own birthday gift?! We do, I guess!! Anyway, both the kids got to play the game and my young strappling boy threw the ball right in the middle hole and won the biggest Shamu (he did it on his second throw is all), and my daintly little girl finally won the small Shamu after about 7-8 attempts! If you didn't know, we have the sterotypical boy and girl! They were pretty excited about their new Shamus and each displayed them proudly for the camera.
Brooklyn and Cade also went on some of the other rides there at Sea World. As you can see from these pictures of the Paint Cans (equivalent to the Tea Cups at Disneyland), Brooklyn was having the time of her life as Chelsea spun them around and around, but Cade wasn't so sure about the whole thing. To be honest, from the look on his face I thought he was goin to blow chuncks!
So as you can see, it was quite the special day for Brooklyn, and at the end of it all, as we were driving back home from Sea World at 10 at night, Brooklyn let us know what a wonderful day she had by simply falling asleep in the car from sheer exhaustion! Sorry for the long post, but it was such a fun day that I thought I would share it with you all.

7 comments:

Brittney Smith said...

Props on the cake. It looks so cute! Wat to go Chelsea!!

KMitchell said...

Happy Birthday to Brooklyn! Chels- that cake was awesome, you can be are bday cake maker from now on. Looks like you guys had a great day!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Brooklyn! That cake was awesome, I am glad she had such a fun day.

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday Brooklyn! Looks like the whole family had a great day!

Kim said...

Hey Chelsea! It is Kim Prince (Shelley). Nancy's daughter! Well my sister in the one that told me that you had a blog and so I called my mom and asked for the address. Anyways I just wanted to say hi and that I can't believe that your Brooklyn is 4! Well i guess my Brooklyn will be 4 at the end of the year. It is crazy how time flies by. Well i hope that you guys are doing good and it is good to see you.

Ondriawfd said...

It looks like you guys had a great birthday party! Sea World? How are you going to beat that next year? Alexandria saw the pictures and decided she wants to go to Sea World instead of Disneyland so that she can see Brooklyn. Tell Brookly Happy Birthday for us!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I need to come on here more regular. This is so cute. Great job on the Brithday Cake Chelsea. Brooklyn HAPPY BIRTHDAY. We love you. Sea World looks like a great place to spend a birthday.