Thursday, September 13, 2007

Volleyball madness

It has been a little while since we updated our post and not much has happened but I thought I should post anyway (therefore feel free to skip this post if you are short on time).

I am playing in a volleyball league at the health science center here. Brian and Jami Black invited me to play on their team and I warned them about my volleyball skills, or lack there of, but they insisted. Well tonight we had our first game and I'm sure they are rethinking their decision! It really was fun and we actually play sand volleyball, not inside wimpy court volleyball. I had a good time, and I was thinking to myself the whole time how much Jeff and Mindy are missing out (see Jeff, you should have stayed in school longer so you could enjoy the finer things in life).

The residency is going well, and it is definitely keeping me busy. Poor Chelsea, has to be at home all day and evening without me, taking care of our beautiful two kids. Apparently Caden has officially hit the "terrible twos" stage which as we have learned from Brooklyn, seems to run into the terrible threes and fours as well! I have said this before, but we really do have the most stereotypical "boy" and "girl" that you can have. Everything is such a big deal to Brooklyn, and when she doesn't like something she just drags it on and on. Whereas Caden, on the other hand, when he doesn't like something he will just get so mad, throw himself on the floor, scream, and then a little bit later he is up and running around like nothing ever happened. You all know this is true; girls just can't let things go, and boys get mad and get over it! I must say though, no matter how "terrible" the two's are, there sure is nothing better than coming home and throwing the football, or baseball, or golfing in the house, with my kids. I absolutely adore them, and wish I could be home with them more often.

2 comments:

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

Im sure its hard being gone so much, but there is only a year more of that right? Oh and come on, you know me..would i really get mad about your comment ?! NO! You would have to say a ton more to hurt my feelings! Are you bringing the kids up here to AZ?

Ras Family said...

Oh, I have a hard time seeing you play volleyball. I think you need to post some pictures. :) Mindy