Sunday, September 23, 2007

Do you want to dance?

I know I have mentioned before that I have the most prototypical "girl" and "boy" for kids. Brooklyn loves dressing up and looking in the mirror and asking how cute she looks, and Caden loves throwing balls, swinging sticks, and watching football. So to further add to why I think this of my kids I have to relate the following story that took place this morning before church.

Brooklyn had just got her dress on with her new shoes and was swishing it in front of the mirror and was all smiles. She came up to me and asked me if she looked cute, and of course she did so I grabbed her and gave her a big hug and told her she looked beautiful. She then walked out of the bedroom and into the living room where Cade was watching TV. Chelsea and I were still in the bedroom and we heard Brooklyn ask Cade in this sweet little voice, "Hey Cade, do you want to dance with me?" To which Cade immediately responds very curtly and matter of fact, "No. Watching TV."
Chelsea and I just started laughing because it was your typical girl just wanting to impress the boy and the boy not even noticing the attention the girl is seeking! It was pretty cute.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Hilarious!!! Not even a pretty girl can take a guy from TV sometimes!