Wednesday, September 5, 2007

First Day of School

Today was Brooklyn's first day of school! We actually weren't able to find her a preschool this year so as Brooklyn says, "we're making our own school." To make it all seem real for her I took her school shopping yesterday. I have a feeling she's going to be a shopper (something Heath has never had to deal with.) Brooklyn knew exactly what she wanted to get. She was excited to get dressed this morning and kept looking in the mirror asking me if she looked pretty.

Brooklyn asked if Cade could come to her class so I got them their own little desk and school supplies and we were off. I think they enjoyed it. Brooklyn at least got something out of it while Cade was too busy being Superman. They thought it was funny to call me "teacher". Cade would correct himself if he said "mom" while he was at his desk. Well, we'll keep you updated, it should be an exciting school year!

10 comments:

The Rogers said...

she looks adorable! I loved back to school shopping, I think that was my favorite part of back to school. good luck with the home preschool.

Celeste said...

She looks so pretty!! How fun to go shopping for school stuff! Congratulations Brooklyn and good luck Chelsea. You probably don't need it because your a pro super mom!

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

she looks SO cute. And good luck..you are a good mom:) I LOVE sending Mason off to school for 3 hrs. Its a nice break and then I LOVE to get him after :)

KMitchell said...

What a good mom! Brooklyn looks cute as always. I bet she will love your preshool for her!

Dave'sWife@{thediaryofdaveswife} said...

I can't believe how BIG she is now! I think the last time we saw her, she was just starting to walk! What a beauty !!!

Cassie Simonton said...

WOW...I am totally impressed! Your a great MOM!!

I too enjoy dropping my child off with someone else for 4 hrs...I have to keep myself from doing KART WHEELS on the way out the door! But when it's time to pick him up I'm excited to hear about his day and all the fun things he did!

Sarah said...

It is so great that you are doing school on your own , I wish you luck. She is so cute and our kids are growing up so fast. It makes me happy and sad.

Emily R said...

you are a great mom. way to be structured! that is so cute that you even took her shopping! how fun! she's a doll!

Ondriawfd said...

You are so brave. That's a lot of work to come up with school stuff everyday. What a super Mom. Your kids look so cute. And we must always shop at the same store because Cade and my boys have a lot of the same shirts. Good luck with school.

Jami Black said...

You are so creative. I think I would have said too bad wait til' next year- what lucky kids. I am so impressed with your blog and how many posts you have!