Friday, September 14, 2007

Mother-Daughter (plus Caden) Campout

Well, I'm a week late in posting this but the kids and I went camping last Friday. It was supposed to be just Brooklyn and me but Heath ended up being in Austin that weekend for a seminar so Cade joined us. Luckily, my friend, JoEllen was kind enough to take us. It was in Concan, Texas and it was really pretty there.
The kids had a blast. They tried to roast their hot dogs but couldn't wait and ate them cold. Cade thought the fire was pretty cool. Just when I thought they were getting tired they
started chasing each other and wrestling. They were laughing so hard. Cade had a marshmallow (or shmarshmallow as Brooklyn would say) in his hand the whole time. By the end of the wrestling match, the marshmallow had shrunk considerably and his arm had a sticky foam all over it. It was fun to watch them get good and dirty and laugh the entire time. Bed time was a completely different story (for Cade). I won't bore you with the "screaming" details, let's just say that I hope JoEllen got a little sleep.






The kids had fun roasting marshmallows and loved being around the Weatherholtz's.
On Saturday the kids went and played in the river. Most people went down it in tubes which looked really fun but kids enjoyed the shallow parts. I felt like a broken record for about 2 hours, "Cade, don't throw the rocks!" We tried time out and all but it's like the kid can't not throw. It's way too tempting. He even started demonstrating different ways in which it thought it might be okay to throw a rock. "Yike this mom?" I'd say no. "Um, yike this mom?" On and on it went. He was in rock heaven and I was just hoping he didn't give anyone a concussion. All in all we had a really great time and I would love to do it again (minus the screaming part).

10 comments:

Celeste said...

Way to go Chelsea you did it!! You seriously are an inspiration to us all. I'm glad you guys had fun!

Brittney Smith said...

So Pretty. Thats so fun to have a mother-daughter camp out. You are very brave!

Lyssa Beth said...

Ya I was about this close in considering going to the campout...ya right! You are so brave for taking 2 kids alone! But it did look fun. I'll have to go next year when my kids are older!

Sarah said...

Camping is so fun with kids. They looked like they had a great time. I know what you mean about the rocks though, way to much temptation.

KMitchell said...

Way to go Super Mom! I admire you more and more. Looks like you guys had fun! I want to take our kids camping again but the nights are just so crazy but the memories are worth it!

Ondriawfd said...

You guys do so much fun stuff. You're making me want to move to San Antonio. Hope we can do lots of fun stuff like that when you guys get here.

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

looks like a ton of fun!I love the last picture, thats sooo cool!

Jamie Smith said...

That looks like so much fun! I wish I could have gone! I've been in this ward forever and still haven't made it up there!

Shelley said...

Looks like it was tons of fun!! I'm proud of you Chelsea and you once again set a great role model for the kind of mom I want to be!!

Michelle Cox said...

I'm glad you got to go on the camp out. I missed being able to go this year. No, I don't have any daughters, but I went two years anyway and had a blast in the river! Timmy was saying he wanted to play with Caden at Isabella's house the other day. Poor kid. Distance has no meaning! Hope you're having fun there in San Antonio.

Our blog: cuckoocox.blogspot.com