Saturday, September 22, 2007

Born to play

This time of year is great. The weather is cooling off, the leaves on the trees are changing, baseball is coming to an end, and football has begun! For those of you that don't know, I LOVE football and there is just something about the fall season that does it for me. Of course I have been watching the games the past few Saturdays (enjoying watching Notre Dame be 0-4 and all the other upsets that are happening), but one thing that has made this year that much more fun is because I have my little boy to watch the games with me. Caden will sit down on the couch with me and stay enthralled with the game for a good amount of time and he loves watching the guys get tackled as well as watching the quarterbacks throw the ball. I must confess, when we are both there on the couch watching the game, it is such a proud moment for me! Who knows what our kids will end up liking to do, but I won't be complaining if it involves a brown oval shaped ball, a helmet, and pads.

Just to show you that I am not exaggerating Caden's love for the best game on earth, this is a picture from Chelsea's cell phone from when we were at the sports store last week getting Brooklyn her soccer outfit. These shoulder pads were at the front of the store, and so I had to put them on Cade. When I went to take them off, he started freaking out so we just left them on and he wore them around the store the entire time we were there, which was about 20-30 minutes. I tried getting the helmet on him too, but he only kept that on long enough to get the picture.

What a great time of year this is!

3 comments:

Emily R said...

YAY FOOTBALL!!!!!! that is so cute that he kept those pads on through the store! i love football too!!!

Ras Family said...

Such a mile stone in a fathers life. I remember the first time Benny put the pads on. He is so excited about football. I love our Lazy Saturdays in front of the Tv with rootbeer and popcorn. Good times. By the way Got some great tickets to BYU vs UTAH. 45 yard line 13th row. Benny and I are going with my brother and Grandma Oliver, She is in the cougar club so we got the hook up. Six tickets every home game. Pretty sweet.

Heath said...

You lucky son of a gun!! I am jealous. Maybe we could meet in Provo for a game in a few years when we hopefully have some spending money!