Monday, December 3, 2007

Great Book. Even Better Candidate.


I am reading the book "A Mormon in the White House? 10 Things Every American Should Know About Mitt Romney" by Hugh Hewitt and am absolutely loving it. Now I must admit that the book is a little biased towards Romney since Hewitt really likes him, but since I myself really like Romney I guess I like that bias. In this crazy political season, almost as crazy as the college football season, I hope everyone takes a good look at all of the candidates and picks one that you feel best represents your beliefs (and oh how I hope that none of you are voting for Hilary, Obama, Edwards, Giuliani, or McCain, but if you are there is still time to do more homework and change!) If any of you are curious about Romney, I suggest reading this book to learn more about his views and where he stands on the issues. I know a lot has been said about Romney, by his naysayers, that he is only a flip flopper and can not be trusted. I'm sorry, but I just don't see that. Yes it is true that he has realized he was wrong with his stand on abortion and has since changed, but in listening to him and more importantly seeing his voting record as governor, I truly believe that he realized he was in the wrong and thus decided to change his mind, and to me there is no fault in that. Romney would be great for this country, just as he has been for several companies, the Salt Lake Olympics and the state of Massachusetts.
Since this is a political post I guess you do have the opportunity to disagree, but if you do please post your comments for all to view. Also, please take the time to visit Celeste's Conservative Corner for excellent reading (Celeste is a friend from dental school and she has an excellent website devoted to conservative views).

10 comments:

Adam Snell said...

Heath,
You should check out this website: http://news.aol.com/political-machine/bloggers/eric-schulzke/
It's a blog that one of my professors writes for AOL. He posts some pretty interesting articles about the candidates and is one of the few conservative college professors known to man... even at BYU. On my opinion, I haven't made up my mind on Romney yet. I do think he'll make a great administrator. Just not sure about where his administration will go. Of course, I could say the same about all the candidates. I certainly agree with you on those that absolutely should not be in the White House.

Heath said...

Adam, thanks for the website. What do you mean when you say, "I'm just not sure where is administration will go?"

Celeste said...

I can't wait to get this book. I have heard so many good things about it. Romney is most certainly my candidate. My hope is that everyone else will see that the other candidates fall short by comparison to Romney.

Emily R said...

i havent made up my mind yet. i dont want to be pulled into the romney camp just because of my religious affiliation. HOWEVER, i am SOOOO scared to think obama or hilary could end up in the white house. dont want to know....

Maury said...

I'm excited to read that

Janalyn said...

I'm actually pretty sold on Huckabee.


;) HA (That was for Dad)

Heath said...

Janalyn you scared me! I was scrolling down and only saw your first line.
Emily, I hope you don't think that I would vote for someone solely based on their religion! I have decided on Romney after looking at the different candidates and seeing what they stand for. Have I read everything about everyone? Probably not, but what I have read and heard from each candidate has led me to favor Romney.

Adam Snell said...

Heath,
When I said "Im not sure where his administration will go," I mean I don't see a clear vision. Again, I don't see that with any of the candidates, but it would be nice to see. The only modern presidents I can think of that have had something like that would be FDR, Reagan, and MAYBE Kennedy.

De Ette said...

Heath, I'm glad you are reading this book. A gal at the office has it and I have been reading it as well. Great insight to a great man. I have been impressed with him since reading an article on him just before the olympics in SLC. The article was questioning if he could pull the olympics out of the huge hole it was in. Well I guess we know the results. :-) I wish every American would give him an honest look. I know they would like what they see. Religion aside. BTW his talk last week was excellent. Great choice in a candidate. You must be your Mom's son. ;-)

Ondriawfd said...

I didn't want to comment on your latest post because you have a good little discussion going on there and I'm just commenting to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I wanted to email you a birthday card but for some reason I can't access my email from here anymore which means I can't even get any email addresses. Thank goodness for blogging. If you hear anything about Adam can you please tell Mom to just post something in the comments on my blog. Thanks. Hope you have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Love ya, Ondria