Friday, November 30, 2007

Who Ordered the poo-poo platter?

So Heath was actually home early yesterday (yahoo!) and so he played outside with the kids while I finished up dinner. When they came inside they showed me how they bought a candy bar from the kid next door for his fundraiser. Of course they wanted to eat it right away. It was a Caramello and they got chocolate all over their hands. It had been a few minutes since they had finished and I found Brooklyn sitting down holding her shoe licking her finger. I asked what she was eating and, "I don't know" was the response. I said it was probably dirt and asked her to stop. A few a second later she came up to me and said, "Um, mom...it was poop." Sure enough she had dog poop on her shoe that she was convinced was chocolate! That was the third time in 2 days that one of my kids stepped in dog poop. It drives me crazy that people around here don't clean up after their pets!!! So apparently my four year old isn't afraid to eat something that smells weird on the bottom of her shoe. Yuck!

17 comments:

Jenni said...

That is so gross! poor Brooklyn! She's just definitely a smart girl and wanted to make sure she didn't waste any good chocolate!

Lyssa Beth said...

LOl oh geez! Seriously, you gotta love kids!! But ya, that is really gross...

KMitchell said...

Wow, that is gross! Don't you miss Denver with all the poop free parks or pretty close to it. Kind of comforting to hear my kid is not the only one eating poop.

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. Seriously. I was laughing out loud. Thanks for sharing the good story.

Ondriawfd said...

We've done the poop eating thing. But luckily never dog poop. Yuck! Did you make her swish with listerine?

Ras Family said...

Oh, that is just sick! I can't stand dog poop on the grass!! People are so rude!!! Well did she feel sick after she figured out it was poop or did it not bother her?

Chelsea said...

Well, she asked if she was going to get sick and throw up...so far so good.

The Farnsworth Family said...

Seriously I love your stories. How stinkin funny is that. Hopefully she didn't get sick or anything. I think we are all wishing for a child that isn't a picky eater, but I think you take the cake :) She is seriously such a doll.

Shelley said...

Yeah, that is pretty disgusting!! You would think the smell would give it away! It is amazing what kids will try to get a taste of chocolate!

JoEllen said...

OH MY GOSH!!! You kids crack me up! That is awesome.

Brittney Smith said...

Oh man! Gotta love it. Kids put anything in their mouths!

The Shirleys said...

I know how you feel. Bradley steps in poop all the time. I think people bring their dogs from all over our complex to let them do their duty in the grass outside our apartment. They should watch out because I am on the look out. I already reported one couple to the office.

The Shirleys said...

I am not going to laugh this time because if I do Bradley will have a very similar experience in the next couple days!

B.E.C.L Wall said...

That is one of those moments when you have to hold back on your gag reflex and just realize that what doesn't make them sick makes them stronger!

Ondriawfd said...

Chelsea - After reading Heath's last post, it came to me. I think Heath is actually jealous because you get more comments. He's just using the politics thing as a valid excuse. ;)

Celeste said...

Chelsea this story about Brooklyn is hillarious. If you wrote a book about all the funny things that your kids have done you would sell millions. I would buy it!! It would be a great way to pay off student loans as well ;)

Anonymous said...

buy ativan ativan and alcohol withdrawal treatment - lorazepam 1 mg im