Sunday, November 25, 2007

It's Official!

It's official! Caden is now potty trained! It's probably been 3 weeks since I got serious about it but we've been busy and not home much so I wasn't sure it would go all that well. Cade surprised me and it seems he was more than ready. He caught on so quick and (knock on wood) he has been a lot easier than Brooklyn. The other day we were at the store and I had already taken him to the bathroom once and at this point we were far away from any bathroom. Cade told me then that he needed to go poop. So we were walking to the bathroom and the WHOLE way Cade was saying in a loud voice (as hard as I tried to get him to whisper) "Mom! Poop's coming out! Poop is coming out!" It was pretty funny. Luckily we made it with time to spare. Now I can save a few bucks on diapers...at least for a few months.

13 comments:

KMitchell said...

Congratulations and way to go Caden and Chelsea!! Potty training is such an accomplishment for the child and parent:) Great story too- he makes me laugh.

Ondriawfd said...

That's when I'm glad that my boys speak clearly enough for me to understand but hopefully not clearly enough for everyone else.

Emily R said...

CONGRATS!!! that is the BEST! yay for potty trained kids!

Lyssa Beth said...

Lol that's hilarious! I can just imagine...oh geez kids are so funny. I'm going to start that venture after the holidays with Emma...hopefully it'll be smooth sailing..but I think for right now, she's afraid of the toilet...but at least we're trying!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. Way to get out of two in diapers. I'm jealous. That is so funny! Kids have no shame.

Maury said...

Hooray for you! We are getting down to our last diapers for Cash and Brian and I agreed that we weren't going to buy anymore. Wish us luck!

Ras Family said...

I am glad that things have gone well and that he has got the idea. Makenna is about there as well. Oh, it is so nice to not deal with stinky diapers. Teagans don't stink that bad... YET!!!!

Celeste said...

Congratulations Chelsea! Your my hero! I'm trying to avoid the inevitable with Wyatt. I think he might be ready but I'm not sure if I am.

Janalyn said...

I always visit your blog when I want to laugh out loud! Have I mentioned that I love Cade?!

The Farnsworth Family said...

Chelsea congrats!!! I am so happy for you guys. No diapers for a few months!! wooo hooo :)

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

can you come train Mason for me? I will pay ya !! Congrats, that must feel GREAT!

Jami Black said...

Yeah! I've heard that this is a huge achievement and I am impressed-it doesn't sound like it took too long for Caden to figure it out! So he is good looking, hilarious, and smart!

Hillery said...

Way to go Cade! I'm sure everybody in the store got a kick out of that!