Saturday, August 4, 2007

The Peanut Farm


Today I went to the Church's peanut farm in Pearsall, Texas. If you think small towns in Utah are something, you ain't seen nothin yet! This was a tiny little town full of...farmers with cowboy hats and THICK drawls! Need I say more. I spent all morning pulling weeds from the farm. Apparently, from what I was told, this is one of the only profitable church farms there is. Jiffy actually purchases some of the peanuts from this farm for their own peanut butter. The entire farm is around 1600 acres, but the peanuts are planted on something less than that.


For those of you that don't know what a peanut plant looks like, as I didn't before today, here is a shot of some of the field. The plants are pretty small and the peanuts are in the ground, much like potatoes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.