Thursday, August 9, 2007

Brooklyn the Not-So-Good Beautican

So I was getting Cade dressed this morning and I found his hair looking like this.

It goes around to the other side as well. I asked what happened and he said, "Brookie did it! Brookie did it!" I found Brooklyn and asked if she cut Caden's hair and she got her mischievous grin and said she did. I asked her where the scissors were and she told me that they were on her bed. I go in her bedroom and can't find the scissors but instead I find this.I walked back to Brooklyn and tried to scold her for cutting her pretty hair off but the harder I tried to talk the more I laughed. I was laughing so hard I had to walk out of the room. HER POOR HAIR!!! It's a mess. Just left of the center of her head she has got a major chunk of bangs. (The pictures don't do justice.) Then on either side she cut a huge chunk off. The center in the back is still long. The more I look at her new do the more it's resembling a mullet.
I think Heath is more upset than I am. I'm trying to find someone who will be able to fix it and Heath wants me to leave it as is. I think he is secretly hoping that mullets come back in style since he had one in the 2nd grade. Needless to say, we unfortunately had an eventful hair day. It was bound to happen but Brooklyn could have at least cut smaller chunks. I should have known something was wrong when they were in the bedroom and Cade was laughing hysterically.

11 comments:

KMitchell said...

It must be in the air. I just saw one of Hayley's friends from nursery with short hair and her mom said she did the same thing. I hope Hayley never does that since she already has short hair, but I think it is bound to happen one day. Mullets are definitely in- or not! I say give Brooklyn a Victoria Beckham cut to go with Cade's. Perfect Halloween idea!

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

ha! We JUST went through that a few weeks ago! But it was Mason that did it..and thank goodness Kendall wasnt around! It must be in the air! no fun..she has such pretty long hair!

Emily R said...

Scissors + sneaky little girls = FUNNY HAIR MEMORIES!!! i did it to my hair when i was young (of course it was the morning of family pics). i think all little girls do it at one point or another!
PLUS mullets are SO cute! come on, you live in texas now, dont you see them ALL over the place?

Heath...grapevine is SOOO close to me!!! we should TOTALLY meet up!! send me an email emarobinson@yahoo.com and we can plan something fun! there is a mall out there, and LOTS of restaraunts, or you (and whoever you come with) could come to our house and we could feed you and watch the Dal/den preseason game that sat night? whatever.

Celeste said...

I agree with Katie. You should give Brooklyn the "flock of seagals" haircut like Posh Spice. Your kids halloween costumes would be the envy of all ;) Well at least it's not up to her scalp. My sister gave me a mohawk when we were that age.

Ras Family said...

Oh, my goodness! That is so crazy! You will have to post pictures of her fixed haircut. Like everyone else I remember doing that to my brother and myself. I remember my mom cring, not laughing. I am waiting for MaKenna to cut her hair. Aaron is always leaving the hair cutting stuff out.

Sarah said...

Well I think every parent of a girl has a story like this one, I hope I never do. Don't you hate when you think your kids are being good and then you find out they were being bad!

Kristin said...

A little girl showed up in Ollie's nursery today with quite a nice little hair-do. Apparantly her sister had cut her hair with scalloped scrapbooking scissors. No matter how bad it is...it could always be worse!! Good thing she's cute, too hard to be mad :)

The Farnsworth Family said...

Heath I am so glad you found our blog! Your family is beautiful. We are excited to meet up on Friday and talk teeth :) So sad about Brooklyn and Cade's hair. We had the same experience with Austin our oldest. At least hair grows back. See you Friday!

Cassie Simonton said...

I am laughing so hard...Brooklyn's hair looks....like a 4 yr old cut it! So sad, but she still looks cute!

Shelley said...

Classic, just classic. Good think they are cute no matter what their hair looks like!

Janalyn said...

Those beautiful curls- so sad! Chelsea, you're such a great Mom to be able to laugh. The Heath mullet comment was hilarious!