Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A CHILD'S PRAYER

This event happened a couple of weeks back but since we really don't have any new posts up on the blog I thought I would include it.
A couple of weeks ago I went to go play basketball in the evening at our church. The games were fun and all and when I was done I just came back home. Then next morning when I was getting ready to go to work, I noticed that I didn't have my wallet. So I looked in my gym bag where I had left my wallet from the previous night, and sure enough it wasn't in there (this is the same gym bag that I had put my wedding ring in to play basketball and ended up losing my wedding ring too!) So I looked all around the house, in my shorts pockets, my scrub pockets, trying to figure out where I put it. Finally I came to the conclusion that it must have fallen out at the church and hopefully someone found it and turned it in to the lost and found. When I got home from work that day, which was a Friday, I decided to take the kids and go down to the church to try and find my wallet while Chelsea went out to dinner with her friends. To make a long story shorter, Brooklyn said the sweetest prayer in the car before we got on our way to go to the church and asked Heavenly Father to help Daddy find his wallet. Well, needless to say, when we pulled into the parking lot that Friday evening, there in the middle of one of the parking spots was my wallet just laying on the asphault. I picked it up and showed it to Brooklyn, and immediately the biggest smile came over her face and she said, See dad I told you it would be here. Jesus made you wallet be here. The faith of a child is incredible. I learned a very large lesson that day, and it wasn't to get another gym bag because it is cursed :)

7 comments:

JoEllen said...

Brooklyn is so sweet and really does say great prayers. You can tell she just loves "talking" to Heavenly Father. I was glad to hear you found your wallet and it definately sounds like you need a new gym bag!!

metromut said...

It is amazing how in tune they are isn't it. What a sweet little family you have. Nice post.
~Lindy

metromut said...

I forgot to ask.... Did you ever find your ring?

Ondriawfd said...

Have you checked that bag for a hole? I've heard Brooklyn's prayers and she is more sincere than any four year old that I've ever heard.

Ras Family said...

That is so sweet!!! thanks for sharing!!!

Chelsea said...

Lindy,
Unfortunately, Heath never found his ring. We got him a new one though.

The Farnsworth Family said...

SO cute! I love the faith of cute little kids.