Monday, August 25, 2008

Now I Can Sleep!

How great is America! We are so lucky to live in the BEST NATION ON EARTH, and I'm so glad that they represented so well the last two weeks for the world to see. No, of course athletics is not everything and a country can't be judged by its olympic performance, but not only did we win the total medal count (as I predicted we would), I am proud to be an American for how our athletes handled the Olympics and all their successes. From Michael Phelps, to the Men's Indoor Volleyball team, the athletes of the USA were absolutely remarkable. And, to top it all of I must say that my respect for Kobe Bryant has actually increased the last 2 weeks. I'm still not a HUGE fan, but it was just neat to watch him handle himself at the games, not just on the court, and to see him lead his teammates to an Olympic Gold. I got to watch an interview with him during the games, and he was genuinely proud to be an American and didn't apologize in the least that he stated we are the greatest nation on earth. I respect him for that. And, as I predicted again, the guys basketball team was dominant, in every single game! GO USA!!

Oh, as far as the title of this post goes, in case you didn't already figure it out, now that the games are over I might make it to bed before midnight!

5 comments:

Fabiane Snell said...

I absolutely love the Olympics too! What a fun time! My brazilian heart wanted to win the few times we played America for the gold,You know, America is my home, but Brazil is my country. Adam said that I should get my the american citizenship and stop suffering for Brazil,he is funny, It was fun to watch the games with him, he so patriotic!it is very easy to love this country, it was very well represented on the Olympics, VIVA DARA TORRES!! AWESOME ATHELET !

JoEllen said...

The men's indoor volleyball was sweet, but seriously, the BEACH is where it's at!!

Stacey said...

Found your blog! Since you are a fellow blogger, I think you'll enjoy the manicures and pedicures very much...maybe next time our incentive should just be money?

Stacey said...

Oh...and check out our office website, its a work in progress I must say, but we actually have a post now!

Ryan and Tenneal said...

You don't know me yet, but you will soon. You guys are moving on our street next month! I heard you had a blog too so I thought I check it out. We LOVE the olympics too and as sad as we are to see them gone we are thankful we're making it to bed earlier. Can't wait to meet you guys.