Sunday, April 5, 2009

Look Who Turned One!

We celebrated Brynlie's 1st birthday on Valentine's. This last year has gone by so fast. She loved her cake. She was even licking the pan. It was a pretty low key day but we had fun.Last month my friend Andrea and I braved a drive to Utah with 6 kids! I'll admit that I was a little anxious about the whole drive but the kids did incredible! They kept each other entertained and laughed and sang and seemed to have a great time. Thanks for coming with me Andrea!
Brynlie and Cade loved to play with the marbles. Brynlie soon got banned from the game because the marbles kept appearing in her mouth.
Who doesn't love ear muffs?
And yes, Brynlie has found her nose. Every time she rediscovers that hole she thinks it's hilarious. Cade and Brooklyn get a kick out of it as well.
Brooklyn is now in the hair business. Poor Cade enjoyed it too much.
So apparently my kids think they have incredible style and everything always looks good.
I may not be up on my fashion but cowboy boots with suit pants...tucked in? He honestly thought it looked "cool". The kid wears those boots with everything! Imagine a red tshirt, shorts, teal soccer socks pulled up under his shorts with boots to top it off. And this was in public...I chose not to pick that battle that day.
Brynlie loved Grandpa Bob but then again what kids doesn't? Grandpa is turning 90 this month! We love you grandpa and grandma!
We had a fun trip in Utah and are excited to go back in June for my dad's 60th Birthday!

9 comments:

The Shirleys said...

I can't believ Brynlee is one! She is such a doll. I love her pigtails. I got a kick out of her nose picture too.

I like Cades boot with his suite. However, I don't think I would let him leave the house for church in it!

You kids are way cute!

Ras Family said...

Brynlee is so big! Time has just flown by. Your kids are so cute, and I love to hear and see all the fun things that they do.

JoEllen said...

Brynlie is absolutely adorable! Happy Birthday big girl!

I just can't believe how your kids have grown. I wish we lived closer and Brooklyn could help me out with my hair. It needs some re-vamping!

I can't imagine traveling with 6 kids. They totally look like they had so much fun though. And how cute is Grandpa?! Again, Brynlie is just as adorable.

Tiff said...

It was so fun to see you, even if it was just for a bit. I can't wait to come to AZ. Maybe not the drive but once we get there it will be fun!=)

Jason and Kristin said...

That was so fun! Where is the pic of you at Jump On It? hmmmmm? Sorry your brother is so flakey and didn't take work off. Some Spring Break :( I'm glad you are coming back in June and I'll find my way to AZ one way or another!

Whitney said...

Yay! Finally an update. LIke I'm one to talk, I know. It looks like you guys are having a lot of fun with everything. I'm excited to see you guys and spend more time with you this summer when we are there. I think your kids will be trend setters if they are anything like Heath at school.

Adam Snell said...

Cade looks like a WWI pilot with the suit tucked into boots. Looks sharp Cade!

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

cute kids :) really, you guys do great at making super cute babies!

B.E.C.L Wall said...

Cute pictures! I loved Cade's hair pic! I think all little kiddos get a kick out of being at the "beauty salon."