Friday, February 20, 2009

3 Signs you know you aren't wanted somewhere

If you ever wonder whether or not someone is annoyed at your presence, take note of the following:
-After getting off of the escalator a little boy named Cade, couldn't resist touching that big red button that's on the escalator. The escalator stops and it starts making a really loud beeping sound. Immediately "Mr. Security Guard" walks by us, looks at me and said in a extremely sarcastic tone, "Oh, that's nice!" Cade got a lecture and he really did feel horrible.
-Ten minutes later in the same store (different department) my mom sees a security guard and asked if it was the same guy. I look at him and he immediately makes a b-line for the opposite direction.
-Probably another 10 minutes later (different department) Brooklyn and Cade kept laughing about something pretty soon that same security guard walked by through all of the clothing racks as if to see if we were causing any more trouble.
So I think it's safe to say that Mr. Security Guard would not like it if we were to frequent his store. He was obviously annoyed. Lucky for him, I hate to shop so there is a good chance that by the time I go shopping again he will have moved on to another job.

10 comments:

Jared and Janelle said...

Lol. That is so funny. Thank you for the funny story. Don't worry that can happen to anyone. The security man needs to lighten up. Hope all is well.

JoEllen said...

Seriously - the security guard doesn't have kids? Or knows kids? come on! I LOVE that Cade pushed the big red button. Who hasn't wanted to do that from time to time? My machine at work is equiped with big red emergency off buttons, and even the old men I treat sometimes can't resist hitting it! It's a boy thing for sure!!

Heath said...

how did I get so lucky to marry the one girl who HATES to shop!?!? Men, you know you have it good when you enjoy shopping more than your wife does.

Jason and Kristin said...

Hey isn't there that new movie, Mall Cop. That might be right up your alley.

Judd Family said...

I can agree about hating shopping! I thought I was the only girl in the world that felt that way! I think that is hilarious--sounds like you have normal kids and the security guard doesn't have any!

Jami Black said...

Are you for real? Some people! And seriously, you like to shop more than Chelsea-I didn't know such a scenario actually existed!

Brittney Smith said...

You've had a lot of three's lately!!

Celeste said...

That is too funny! You guys for sure fit the profile of some "real trouble-makers". What a strange guy.

B.E.C.L Wall said...

That is great! Don't you love the looks of those who have either never had or have forgotten what it's like to have little ones!

Shelley said...

I could understand why you felt unwanted. He sounds like a punk to me
! Pretty funny though. Its times like those that you wish you could be invisible to some people.