Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Update on Caden

Well, as I said, Cade went back to the doctor yesterday. (Note: Do not take other kids with you to the doctor when you have a sick kid that wants to be carried, and you have a baby who can't walk yet.) He got sent for another chest xray. One of the nice ladies that worked there watched the girls for me because Cade was too scared to go into the room alone. Anywho, they admitted Cade to the hospital again and tomorrow he is having surgery. They are going to basically clean out all of the fluid and puss that has built up in his right lung and then put a chest tube in. Sounds fun huh? Poor kid. He really is being a good sport. We will update when he's doing better.

16 comments:

Kristin said...

So sorry that your little guy is sick! We will be thinking of you all. Hope all goes well.

Ras Family said...

Hope that everything goes well. I am so sorry that he has to go through this, and you. We have been thinking about you and know that Cade and your family are in our prayers.

Jason and Kristin said...

Poor little lamb!

Rifle Fam said...

Hope the surgery goes well and he recovers quickly. You'll be in our thoughts.

Brittney Smith said...

I am so sorry! Is there anything I can do??

Krista said...

Wow! That sounds kind of scary! How long will the chest tube be in? Do they have to do surgery to get it back out?

Wish I was there to help with your girls! Good luck with everything! Keep us posted!

Tiff said...

I'm sitting here waiting for you to call with an update. I sure wish I was there. He's a tough boy. I love you guys!

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry he is so sick. I hope everything goes well.

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

Im so sorry. poor guy. and poor you guys! no fun...he looked so sad with Brooklyn opening his presents.

JoEllen said...

Oh man!! I hate when the little guys are sick! A chest tube? That's not fun, but I bet Cade will think it's pretty sweet. Who wouldn't love some foreign body sticking out of their ribs?

Hope he's on the mend soon. We're thinking of you guys!!

Aaron said...

That is so sad! Poor little guy. We will be thinking and praying for him. -Erin

The Shirleys said...

I hope the surgery went well and that Cade is starting to feel better. Poor little guy! We will keep him in our prayers.

Jared said...

I hope all goes well and we will keep him in our prays. Hopefully he will feel better soon. Janelle

B.E.C.L Wall said...

I hope everything goes well. It is hard to watch your kids feel so crummy and not be able to do anything for them. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers.

Ashley said...

We hope all is well soon! You are in our prayers!

Shelley said...

I sure hope the surgery is a success and he can be back to his normal, happy self! What a rough thing for a little guy to go through. We are praying for him.