Monday, May 5, 2008

Too sweet


Well I was waiting for Chelsea to post this, but I guess I am going to have to! We were in the car the other day going somewhere and Brooklyn started talking about how she was going to start going to school when we get to Arizona. She talks about this a lot and I think she's pretty excited about the whole thing.
Well, shortly thereafter the kids began whispering to each other. All of a sudden Chelsea heard some sniffles and she turned around to ask them what was wrong. Then all of a sudden, with a puckered chin, the corners of his mouth turned down, and his eyes filling with tears, Caden said "Me going to miss Brookie when her goes to school." Talk about heart breaking! Then immediately Brooklyn joined in and began crying saying that she was going to miss Caden too. Chelsea and I had to hold back our own tears!
These two definitely have their moments of contention (more than we care to share), but one thing is for sure....they are best friends. In fact, when they are upset at each other they always say, "I'm not going to be your best friend anymore!" Shortly after this "episode" in the car, Chelsea and I were commenting on how at times it can be difficult to have kids that are under 2 years apart, but at times like that it makes it all worth it. They love each other and I sure hope that they can always stay close and be "best friends."

9 comments:

JoEllen said...

So sweet!! I have to hold back my tears just reading it. Cade and Brooklyn are so cute.

Ondriawfd said...

That brought tears to my eyes. (sniffle) Cade will be welcome to come play at our house while Brooklyn's at school. Then all the boys can miss their sisters together.

Ras Family said...

That is so sweet!!! Your kids look so cute, and I love Cade's suit. Brooklyn looks good in red too.

Celeste said...

That is so sweet and so true. Rory and Wyatt are close like that too. Wyatt had trouble when Rory went to preschool. Your kids are just adorable in their little outfits.

Jason and Kristin said...

They look so fancy and all dressed up. I love that they get to be so close.

B.E.C.L Wall said...

So sweet! It is fun to see how well they get along (or at least enjoy being together)!

Shelley said...

Wow, you guys do have the sweetest kids. They are getting so grown up to. Its amazing that Caden already knows whats going to happen when she goes to school and how he will be alone. I probably would have cried. Too cute!!

Emily R said...

cute! it is so awesome to have kids close together so they can be best friends!!! they both look so fancy!!! NICE!

Corinne said...

That is really sweet. Hope I can say the same about my 2 little ones in a few years!