Monday, April 28, 2008

FHE

So we just finished having FHE and right after the closing prayer this is what Brooklyn had to say. "Mom, guess what? When you was saying the prayer I feeled Jesus in my heart! Guess what he said?" Of course I was curious and asked, "What?" "Jesus told me to be a good girl and then we can live as a family all the day! That's what Jesus told me in my heart!" She was so excited. It's an incredible feeling as a parent to see your child so excited about the Savior and the Gospel. I'm so grateful for the Plan of Salvation (that's what our lesson was on) and that we will be able to live with our families "all the day".

7 comments:

Jason and Kristin said...

Cute! You must have given a killer lesson. Way to go. Cade looks like a golfing pro too. We can't wait to see you guys again.

The Farnsworth Family said...

Okay that is the cutest thing I have ever heard. Maybe we can look forward to having this little girl so we can look forward to someone being reverent enough during prayers to have Jesus talk to their heart :)

Ras Family said...

That is so cute!!! I love when they do something that lets you know that the FHE lessons that we try to get through reverently soak in. She is so sweet!! Your kids are so tender I love the story's you share!!!!

The Shirleys said...

I love the "all the day" analogy. That is so cute. Moments like that make everything else you have to put up with worth it. When you realize they are learning.

Brooklyn has always seemed so grown-up for her age. :)

JoEllen said...

Seriously - where did this kid come from? You guys are so good to have FHE, but then to top it off...Brooklyn is actually learning from the Spirit!? You guys are awesome!

Emily R said...

looks like you did your job well!!! kids can be so sweet!

Shelley said...

Way to go Chels! You are teaching your kids such wonderful lessons, and now you have proof that they were listening. I probably would have cried hearing my little one say that to me. Man, you guys are great parents and have such wonderful kids!