Sunday, April 13, 2008

Our Crazy Family

Well for Easter it is tradition in our home to get the kids a new Sunday outfit and we thought this year it would be neat to try and capture a nice family photograph after church on Easter Sunday. We quickly realized that with no photographer around to help us it might be quite the challenge. So we set up our tripod and camera and started snapping away. After the first handful of pictures with Cade looking away, and Brooklyn closing her eyes we knew that our efforts were futile. So then we just decided to have fun with the kids and told them to make their silliest faces for the pictures. This is our final product....and actually it better represents what our family is really like than some nice, polished masterpiece.

13 comments:

JoEllen said...

LOVE IT!! I also love that Brooklyn is as strong as a lama! That is awesome!

KMitchell said...

You guys crack me up! That is actually a perfect example of how it feels trying to take a family picture or our regular daily life!

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

cute :) I love that Cade is looking at you guys like "what the heck...why are they like that?" cute family ;)

De Ette said...

You guys couldn't look funny if you tried. You are all too good looking and cute. Can't wait until you are here and I can give each one a big hug. Love ya.

The Shirleys said...

I love it! That is such a good idea. It is always such a hassle to get pictures. YOu guys make a cute family. :)

Jason and Kristin said...

Yep, looks just like you guys to me :) Have a fun trip to AZ. I got to see the material for the blessing dress...CUTE.

Anna said...

That is such an awesome picture!

Emily R said...

perfect! that is the greatest family pic i have seen in a long time!

The Farnsworth Family said...

I love it! We are so doing that next year. It beats the heck out of "If you don't smile right now then...." ha ha!

B.E.C.L Wall said...

I love that pic! What a perfect example of what taking a family picture is really like!

Shelley said...

perfect, just perfect! I love the picture and especially Cade (who looks soooo grown up) just looking at you guys like you are weird! Such a good lookin family

Scott Olson said...

HA!!! What a brilliant masterpiece!!! I give it a bold 2 thumbs up!!! I love the humor in this family

The Farnsworth Family said...

BTW we are looking for homes to rent on Craigslist. We are looking for homes around Higley/Warner or so. New homes are posted daily. When do you guys move to AZ? How is the job search coming? Dave was a little discouraged at first, but we are still crossing our fingers his current contract will work out. We are moving June 22nd so Dave can help us move on his break, then he will have to come back and finish (because Gilbert school district starts Aug 4) and we need to be there. Sorry for the novel, but I just thought I would give the update. I would love to hear what you guys have found too and what your plans are.