Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Mother In Law

Don't jump to conclusions yet just from reading the title. For those of you that want to hear the traditional "in laws" stories and are thus interested by the title of this post, you can stop reading now. For this post is all about how lucky I am to have such wondeful In-laws and in particular at this point my mother in law, Pam Norby.

For those of you that don't know, Chelsea's parents were not able to be here for the births of our first two kids as they were out serving in the mission field. However, for Brynlie's birth her mom was finally able to be here, and Brynlie was very accommodating to wait and come until Pam flew in her to San Antonio from Utah. She has been her now for 9 days and I have enjoyed having her in our home so much. She is such a HUGE help around the house, her cooking is amazing, and she is so good with Brooklyn and Caden. She has let Chelsea and I both sleep in while she gets up with the kids at 6 am. She does all the dishes so Chelsea and I can get the kids down to bed. She has done all the laundry since she has been here. She has helped Chelsea corral the kids while they try to go run errands. She has just been a tremendous help and I am so lucky that she was able to come and be here to help us out while we are still trying to get used to playing zone defense on the kids, rather than man to man.

Thank you very much Pam for putting up with us for these 2 weeks and for helping out so much. Also, thanks to Richard, her husband, for being willing to eat freezer foods for two weeks while I enjoy nice home cooked meals from his wife for two weeks! Thanks you two, I love you guys. I am so fortunate to have such wonderful "in-laws."

9 comments:

Jason and Kristin said...

I agree Pam is fabulous! Don't feel too bad for Richard though, he's probably in heaven with his hot dogs and corn dogs :)

JoEllen said...

I like the "zone" defense vs the "man-to-man." It's a great analogy! :) Your mother-in-law sounds like a GREAT lady, maybe you should have named Brinlie "Grandma Pam"!!

Emily Webb said...

Wow you are very fortunate to have great in-laws! Okay I read your babies birth story and it was so moving! We have five and every single one poses a different scare of issue and it is truly great to have the priesthood in our homes, to aid us in all of our trials.

Josh and Becca said...

Snells! Oh my goodness! It's Josh and Becca Barnes. (Brooklyn's old nursery leaders) We were so excited when we found your page. We clicked on it from the Spencers page. It's totally random but we had to say hi. Brooklyn has grown SO much. We've seen some of our other nursery kids' pages and we are just dying. They are SO grown up now!! We just loved Brooklyn so much and hope you're family is doing well. Love, Josh and Becca Barnes

Ariane said...

I am so happy that things are going well for you. What a beautiful little girl. Aren't you glad you married Chelsea?! Pam is amazing, Chelsea is so much like her. We can't wait to finally meet her. By the way, I have started to look for a home for you. Hope that is o.k. Is the house behind us too close?

Brittney Smith said...

Sounds like you guys both have great parents. It's so nice to have help when you have a newborn!!

Cassie Simonton said...

Don't you love Moms! When my mom comes to stay when I have my babies I have such a love and respect for her and every mom out their...they really are the greatest, they always put others first and are always willing to help if its just by folding a basket of clothes, playing with the kids, making dinner, or just holding a new born baby while the new mom catches some much needed rest! I have to agree with you Heath...Mom's are the greatest! Hope you're all surviving since Chelsea's mom has left you alone with 3 KIDS!!! AHHHHHH!!! Let me know if I can help in anyway! Just don't check my record ;)

Chris said...

I typically snoop around these blogs when Krista tells me there is something cool to see and I usually don't comment. I feel I should say, in all seriousness, that I'm glad you published this post. You two are a tremendous couple, have a great family, and it was apparent to see where you get your traits and gifts when we had dinner with you and Pam. Thank you, Heath, for your post and thanks to your family for being the kinds of people that we hope to be like.

THE GARN FAMILY said...

Chelsea-
Congrats on another beautiful child.
Your kids are just adorable.
I thought I didn't have your blog, but then I found it! I'm glad I decided to check it out and see how you were doing and see that you had Brynlie. I hope all is going well and you are adjusting to 3! I finally feel a little more normal since I had Coleman, he just turned 4 months last week.
We are doing good and hope to hear from you soon!
Shantil