Monday, October 29, 2007

Baseball with apples

So grocery shopping is always an adventure with Brooklyn and Cade. I usually make them sit in the grocery cart whether they are crying or not-it's just quicker and easier. Well I just needed a few things today so I told them they could walk if they would listen. Yeah right! First stop, produce. Cade's eyes were glued to the apples. He heads straight for them and grabs one. I ask him to put it down and then tell him to put it down. I find myself reaching for him as his arm is cocked back ready to fire with an apple in hand. I was definitely too late. Before I could even get to him and pick up the bruised apple he was launching more. People were watching at this point and as he continues to throw I hear this lady gasping as Cade has succeeded in making applesauce on the floor and on my feet. I finally got control of the situation and had a good "talk" with Cade. As I walked away I imagined how funny the whole ordeal must have looked. A two year chucking apples as fast as he could, his pregnant mom trying to stop him, and his big sister looking on in awe wondering why mom isn't moving any faster. Quite a sight I'm sure. I hope everyone enjoyed it, especially that lady that was gasping rather loudly which probably translated into, "Get some control over you kids!" Ahh, the excitement kids bring into our lives. Gotta love it!

14 comments:

KMitchell said...

I agree, gotta love it! That will be a good story when Cade is a professional ball player. He definitely will love sports. It is funny how before kids you would look at the situation and think get control and then after you have kids you think poor parent I feel for you. How our views change. I hope someone was helping you pick up those apples. You should have had Cade throw one at the gasping lady just to make the experience more worth it:)

Ondriawfd said...

I got the same crazy looks when it was Alexandria, the twins were 1 year old and I was pregnant again. You know people are thinking what are you doing having more when you can't even control your own. But who cares. There's definately better stories and more laughs when kids are involved. And I have to agree the the first comment helping Cade aim for the gasping lady would have been perfect.

Chelsea said...

You guys are too funny!

Fabiane Snell said...

Iam Cade's fan number 1! you gotta love him! that was away funny!

Maury said...

Nice to know I'm not the only mom experiencing moments like that one. I love it!

Ondriawfd said...

They must be related. DJ just threw a loaf of pumpkin bread tonight and said it was a football. I thought of you.

Celeste said...

That is so funny about Cade. It is so nice to know that little boys will be little boys. Wyatt had one shot at walking next to the cart on a store run. Lets just say he is restricted to the cart again. I agree with everyone else lining Cade up to hit that gasping lady would have been the cherry on top!

Sarah said...

Well at least you took control with style and grace and only had a "talk" with him. People would probably be gasping at me with how mad I would have gotten. Your kids are great.

The Shirleys said...

That is great! I guess I am only saying that because it hasn't happened to me yet. Those are the kind of stories that last forever.

Whitney said...

As I've been reading your post, I can't help but love how positive they always are. I really admire that. Even things that could be seen as very frustrating, you guys always treat as something kinda funny. I love it!

Janalyn said...

That is hilarious, thanks for sharing!

The Farnsworth Family said...

Chelsea that is SO funny. I think it is even funnier because I have experienced that same situation. You don't know whether to laugh or walk away humiliated! Cade is so cute... I love it!

Emily R said...

what a funny story! those are classics!

Emily R said...

what a funny story! those are classics!