Sunday, October 14, 2007

10 year reunion

So I just got back home to San Antonio from attending my 10 year high school reunion back in Mesa, Arizona. I have to say, I was excited about reuniting with old friends and to catch up on the current happenings. While the 15 hour drive over there from San Antonio wasn't the most fun thing in the world, I am very glad that I made the effort to get to the reunion. It was fun to see old high school friends and see how everyone was doing. I'm not sure what I expected out of the whole ordeal, but one thing that was surprising to me was how much people....stayed the same! I guess 10 years isn't all that long of time in the grand scheme of things, but I had just thought that more people would have changed more. Thanks to everyone who traveled to such great lengths to make it to the reunion, it was fun to see everyone. A big thanks goes out to my wife, Chelsea, for putting up first, with a 15 hour straight-through car drive with 2 kids and one on the way, and second, for staying by my side the entire night at the reunion. Sorry, I don' t have any pictures to post, but I'm sure there are several other's blogs where you can find all sorts of pictures from the event.

8 comments:

Emily R said...

it was so fun to finally meet your wife. it was crazy so we didnt get to visit much, but maybe before you guys ditch texas, we can get together! i am glad you guys came!

Emily R said...

ok, joe left a comment on my blog about the "nice to meet you" thing...

Sarah said...

I know you don't have any pictures, its because we have you camera! Sorry. Call us anytime to get it.
We had so much fun seeing you guys the other night, your kids are such cuties.

Dave'sWife@{thediaryofdaveswife} said...

Well we for one did not forget our camera ( as you may remeber) and we finally got our pictures posted! It was so fun to see you guys!

Brittney Smith said...

It was so fun to see you guys, I'm glad you made the trip!!

Jewelia Eagar said...

HI! Came across your blog and thought i'd drop you guys a hello. Went and saw your parents new home a few weeks ago, it's amazing! Sounds like the reunion was fun, we were bummed we couldnt make it! Looks like you guys are doing great!

Broadbent Family said...

Hey guys. I came across your blog today and wanted to say hi. My mom said that she saw you at your sisters reception and she said your kids where so cute. She filled us in a litle on what you guys are up to. I'm sure she told you we are attending law school in Nebraska. Check us out sometime.
Dan and Geri dgbroadbent.blogspot.com

The Farnsworth Family said...

Heath I am so glad you guys had a great time at the reunion. Emily said it was really fun, and basically the same thing you did... nothing has changed. Crazy how 10 years can go by and you can say that! Anyway, glad the wedding was great too. You need to post more pics... private or public every blog needs some ;) (see I can talk trash too!) he he