Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The verdict is in....

For those of you who may not know, I am 18 weeks pregnant. I had a regular appointment today and was surprised when they said I could have my ultrasound right then. And......we're having another GIRL! I'll be honest, Heath and I were hoping it'd be a boy, but of course we're excited. Brooklyn and Cade on the other hand....not so excited. When I told Cade that he was going to have another little sister, he furrowed his eyebrows and grumpily said, "I didn't want a sister!" A few minutes later he followed up by saying, "Mom, I already have a sister!" I told him that now he will get to have his very own room. He got all sad and said, "But, I wanted to share with a boy!" Poor kid. I think he'll get over it though. Brooklyn isn't so upset now that she realizes that the boys are completely out numbered, which to her means-girls rule. Brynlie of course is clueless. We'll have plenty to deal with once she does clue in.

20 comments:

Whitney said...

Oh, how fun. Although it girl-boy-girl-boy-girl trend is pretty cool, I'm sure Brynlie with have a lot of fun with a sister close in age. Congratulations guys!

Jason and Kristin said...

I'm so excited for you guys...I mean girls!!!!

Brittney Smith said...

Congratulations!! So exciting!

Brittney Smith said...

Congratulations!! So exciting!

JoEllen said...

Oh my gosh! Congratulations!! (I seriously feel like you were just pregnant, but I guess Brynlie will be 2 in February.)

What is your due date?

How are you feeling?

I LOVE Cade. He is awesome. He just cracks me up!!

MeL said...

How fantastic! I'm super excited for you guys, even if Cade isn't!

Ondriawfd said...

That's exciting! Tell Cade if he needs a brother he can come hang out with my boys.

Rifle Fam said...

Congratulations! Hope you're feeling well.

Ashley said...

Congrats! That is exciting!

Tiff said...

When I told Quincee she screamed and started jumping up and down! She is way excited even if Cade isn't. He is so funny. Can't wait to see you guys next month!

Judd Family said...

We went through the same thing with Tyler since he is getting his 4th sister sometime next month!! He and dad have become "best buddies" now though, so it has turned into a positive. Congratulations and good luck!

Monica said...

At our house we call that "girl trapped"! Send your boy over to our house any time. We'll rough him up and let him feel masculine for a while!!

Relief Society Presidency said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cassie Simonton said...

CHELSEA!!!!! Holy CROW your PREGNANT!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! and another girl...and I have to agree with Brooklyn girls do rule!!!!
Maybe you guys can send the girl vibes this way ;)
Congrats again!

THE GARN FAMILY said...

Congratulations! I hope you are feeling well. Your family is so adorable! How are things going? What are you Christmas plans?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Celeste said...

Yea!! I'm so excited for you guys. Somebodys got to have gorgeous girls, and they are, for my guys to date. I hope that your feeling good.

Unknown said...

I am so happy for all of you. That is always great news to know that another little bundle from heaven is on it's way.

Jared said...

Congrats. That is great news. Hope your feeling good.

Janelle

Lyssa Beth said...

Chelsea,
I have been out of sorts since having #3 but finally found myself on your blog. Congrats on the pregnancy and finding out it's a girl! How fun. We are in Vegas doing an AEGD but are starting to look for work...I went down memory lane on your blog and saw you weren't there too long ago!
Your kids are huge. I can't believe Brynlie is almost 2. That's just weird!!
I can't wait to see pics!
Lyssa