Friday, August 21, 2009

Night in with the kids

Chelsea got to go out this evening with lots of the girls from the ward so that meant that I got to stay home with the kids. On my way home from work Chelsea called and told me to pick up this grand movie because Brooklyn really wanted to watch it.


So I thought to myself, "Self, since you can't have a date night with your wife, why don't you have a date night with your kids." So I picked up the movie from the Redbox at WalMart, and picked up a couple extra goodies as well to enjoy with the movie.
When I got home and showed the kids what I got for us to do tonight Brooklyn was so excited for the movie, while Caden's response was, "I don't want to watch Hannah Montanna; it's a girl movie!" I love that boy!! Then I had to explain to him that sometimes the best thing to do as boys is to make the girls in our life happy by doing things that they think is cool. Not sure that he quite understood that, but when I showed him that we got to eat popcorn and root beer floats while we watched the movie he was okay with it.

Anyway, we had a fun time eating our munchies and being curled up together on the couch watching Hannah Montanna. I can't wait for football season to start :)

9 comments:

De Ette said...

I love the illustrations! Too funny. I'm guessing you appreciate Chelsea even more now. I must tell you I'm impressed. You are showing a lot of love for your daughters and teaching Cade one of lifes simple lessons, by watching Hanah Montana with them, and making it so much fun. ;-) (Football is next week I believe.)

Whitney said...

That is so cute! How did Brynlie feel about the whole thing? :) I'm jealous about the root beer floats they sound fantastic right now.

JoEllen said...

Date night with the kids!? Super fun!! Sometimes being the younger brother is hard...you have to watch girlie movies, but it sounds like Cade was a good sport about it.

I was surprised to see a new post from the Snell family so quickly after the last post's loooonnnggg dry spell. :)

Rifle Fam said...

Just don't teach him the "Yes Dear" yet. At least let him have some dignity until he gets married :)
Sounds like fun though. Good times with the kids.

Jason and Kristin said...

Jason can feel for you. I don't know how many times he's told me about having to go to the Rainbow Bright movie growing up.

Tiff said...

Ahhh, what a good dad! I bet deep down Caden really loved Hanah Montana and I know you did too!

Judd Family said...

Jason had a similar night with the girls and Tyler!! The horses and crocodile got Tyler's attention, even though he fell asleep before the movie ended. You don't have to wait long for football though.

jeff said...

Yeah I took my girls to that movie. I liked it so much we bought it and I can even do the hoedown throwdown. Wait, should I be admitting this?

The Shirleys said...

What a great response for why he had to watch a "girl" show. No wonder he loves his sisters so much. Your a great dad!