Friday, August 28, 2009

Dad's Gone Again

He's only a phone call away but she still misses her dad. She won't say "dad" yet but she was looking for him this morning and was even signing dad.
So to pass the time the kids watch a little Signing Time. Brynlie is OBSESSED! If she wants to watch it she will turn the TV on, sign "play", yell "MA!", and then start dancing. It's pretty hard to resist. It's fun to see her sign some things since she isn't talking a whole lot.
Apparently I shouldn't have interrupted her while she was eating.
Cade and Brooklyn were both complaining that their eyes were "wet" yesterday because they missed dad. He'll be home soon enough.

11 comments:

Whitney said...

That's cute! Where did Heath go? We miss you guys, and love the updates.

Celeste said...

She is so cute. Thats neat she's picking up on signing so well. We wish all of you guys could come out too! Another time.

De Ette said...

I love Brynlie on the phone. Maybe she can't say Dad, but she can say MA real well. It's cute. It was fun to have you guys over last night

Abe said...

It was so fun to see Heath! I am sorry you guys miss him. We look forward to seeing you guys again.

Jason and Kristin said...

Graham always wanted to watch signing time too but it only came on once a week. Hope your surviving solo!

Tiff said...

Oh we so need to live by each other! I didn't know Heath was leaving again. I guess we haven't talked for awhile. I'll fix that tomorrow-Aaron has doc appts so I'll be driving. I'll call. Love you!

JoEllen said...

Your kids are too funny! Cade looks miserable!

I love the mac and cheese picture. Too funny!!

Shelley said...

I love that she signs. I need to learn more signs... hope it goes by quickly for you guys.

The Shirleys said...

I love the picture of Brynlie on the phone. She is such a doll. It always makes me smile when our boys talk to Daddy on the phone. I am sure she made his day by talking to him. :)

The Evers said...

Hey Chels! I saw your blog on Angie's and got excited! I am going to have to hear about all of Cade's surgery. I had no idea that has been going on for you guys! Well thanks for being our friends here, we think you have a pretty great family!

THE GARN FAMILY said...

Your kids are so adorable~ I hope you are doing well!